I hope that you enjoyed hunting for shapes in your house yesterday. Today, you will begin to recognise different types of lines - horizontal, vertical, parallel and perpendicular. A guide to these can be found below.
1. Have a look around you - can you see any of the different line types?
2. Now see if you can recognise the lines in the shapes on the sheet below.
If you have any difficulty, refer to your resource pack or contact us for more support. Want more? Check out your challenge!
Can you create a game all about angles and lines on a piece of paper? We can play them when we are back in school, or you could send us a photograph of your game for others to play at home.
Welcome to Urban Pioneers! This is a very creative project. We will be looking at lots of art and graffiti and looking at light and dark in our science lessons. I aim to give you at least one project lesson a week and I will give you other things to do if you want extra!
Your first project lesson is a science lesson. Today we are going to focus on three words: transparent, translucent and opaque. Some of you may have heard these words before yet some of you may not have heard of any of them. Do not be put of by the words themselves, their definitions are quite simple.
1. Please see the poster below for the definitions.
2. After, open the PDF PowerPoint to go through some examples.
3. Then, open the main task. It is a match up activity. In school, I would normally ask you to cut the materials out and stick them in the correct column. However, you can just draw a mini table in your book or make a list. Why not try and add your own items from your household to your list?