Paws, claws and whiskers
Our Year 1 Cornerstones Learning Project in the final half term is Paws, Claws and Whiskers.
Below are a series of ideas for homework you may like to complete with your child during the half term holiday and into the new half term.
- Make a scrapbook about your pet, or a pet belonging to someone you know. What is its name ? type ? breed ? interesting facts ? how to stay healthy ?
- Watch for birds in your garden.
- Make an animal hat or mask using junk materials.
- Draw or paint camouflage markings or animals – why do they have these markings ?
- Collect some amazing animal facts! Which animal is the strongest, heaviest, fastest ?
- Locate on a map where your favourite animal comes from in the world- what is the weather like there ?
For this week's work, click on the icons below