Week Two Home Learning
Its been so lovely to hear how Sophie, Abigail and Isaac are getting on at home! Were very proud of you all for being kind and helpful at home. If you would like to share with me your activities at home let me know by the contact form above or by 'Tapestry'( If your Tapestry account is active.)
Monday 30th March
Tuesday 31st March
Mystery Object Game:
You need a bag or pillow case, a collection of items from around your home, some familiar, some unusual.
1. First time you play this game concentrate on one object.
2. Put an object in the bag with out the other person seeing.
3. Tell the children/ Child that we have a mystery object in the bag and you will feel and give clues to what it is, the child can use simple questions to find out more about the mystery object.
4. Model the questions to your child like " now what does it feel like? its smooth, big small etc.." until your child feels confident to ask some more questions to find out what it is.
5. Some children feel very confident to ask questions others don't so just make it quick and fun.
6. To motive some children, an edible treat might be used as the mystery object, Yum!
Wednesday 1st April
Also Follow this catchy 'Dough Disco' tune, to keep your writing hands in shape!
Why Dough Disco? Here's the information on the moves:
pinch- strengthens pincer grip fingers for holding pencils
roll & Splat - stretches out the palm arches on the hands
hand squeeze- whole hand strength
piano- finger isolation , stretch and strengthen
You can also use rolled magazines to target the numbers or use last years flip flops to swat with!
Thursday 2nd April
Wiggle writing can be done in the air with scarves, light sabres, wands .....or flannels!
Friday 3rd April
Don't forget to check out some fun Easter activities over the Easter break. Here is an update on our Tadpoles.
Weighing it out.
Have a go at weighing out with your child your favourite recipe, talk about heavy or light , look at the numbers bigger numbers weigh more etc.
Here s just a basic recipe we use in Nursery.