Every adult at St. John's wants you to be safe and happy. If you are unhappy because someone is hurting or scaring you or if you are worried about something you have done online, or you are sad about something some one else has done you need to either -
- Tell an adult. The sooner you tell an adult the easier it will be to help. Your mummy and daddy or any teacher at school will be able to help you.
- Click on the Report Abuse button. This is really, really safe way for you to tell the police that someone has done something naughty online. The police who will help you are CEOP police who specialise in child protection online.
- Use the contact an adult at school form below. You need to type in your name and email address below and an adult at school will get a message and will be able to help you.
Adults at St. John's with special children's safety jobs
- Mrs. Carvell is in charge of safeguarding.This means that she is in charge of helping all children feel safe and happy and will help you solve a problem with anyone. She is also our deputy headteacher and teaches in year six..
- Mrs. Girling is your anti-bullying leader, she works hard to help keep bullying incidents as low as possible.
- Mrs. Clare is your teacher in charge of computers. She will help children with any problems they have had online.
- Mrs. Atkinson-Gregory is one of your governors. She doesn't work at the school but she helps make sure that the school is doing everything it can to keep children safe and happy.
- Mr. Averis is your headteacher. He makes sure that all the adults at school know what to do if you talk to them about a problem, because any adult, including Mr. Averis can help.
Using the internet properly
Before you write anything on a computer or phone or post anything on a social media site you need to THINK about what you are doing. The picture below will help you THINK about how to be safe and happy when using the computer.