If you are considering sending your child to St. John's this guide for parents will help answer questions on topics such as times of day, school uniform etc. CLICK HERE.
If you are a parent of a pre school child this leaflet from the DfE, that we have added to our curriculum page is a fantastic read letting you know how you can help prepare your child for school to help them get off to the best possible start when they join us. CLICK HERE.
Admissions to the nursery
Children are able to join our nursery in the September, January or April after their third birthday. All information about out nursery and how to apply for a place can be found on the nursery section of this web site. CLICK HERE. Applications to join the nursery are made to the school and not the Local Authority.
Children are able to attend the nursery for 15 hours a week.
Admissions to the school
Children start primary school in the reception class in the September after their fourth birthday.
Admissions for September 2018
If your child was born between September 1st 2013 and August 31st 2014 they will be able to start primary school in September 2018. There is nothing for you to do at present. Applications for these places can not be made yet. Derbyshire admissions for school reception places will open on 13th November 2017 and will remain open until mid January 2018. Applications for places to reception are made to the local authority (Derbyshire) and not the school.
We invite new families to have a look around our school to help them decide if they want their children to attend. Tours for September 2018 starters will begin in September 2017, please see the dates below. During the school year more dates will be added as dates become available, please keep checking this website for regular updates. Please ring school (01773 822995) to book a place on a tour as we limit the number of families to help make the experience more personal. The tour takes about forty five minutes. You are welcome to bring your child along with you.
We will be able to accept 70 children in September 2018. Children are admitted according to the following criteria, in order -
· Children who are in care of, or accommodated by, Derbyshire County Council or another LA.
· Children living in the normal area served by the school, and have siblings at the school at the time of admission. Use this map on the Derbyshire website to help see what school you live in the normal area of. (please read the guide on how to use it first) or type your postcode in here.
· Children living in the normal area served by the school
· Children who do not live in the normal area, but have siblings at the school at the time of admission
· Other children whose parents/carers have requested a place by the published date
· Children whose parent/carers did not express their preference by the published date
If you have a child that wants to join our school at any other time other than the start of reception you need to ring us first to see if we have any spaces in the year group you child will attend. Our telephone number is 01773 822995. If we have places we will gladly invite you to come and see our school before you apply. You then need to apply for the place through Derbyshire local authority by ringing 01629 537479, or by going to www.derbyshire.gov.uk/admissions and following the links.