If you are considering sending your child to St. John's this guide for parents will help answer questions on topics such as times of day, school uniform etc. CLICK HERE
If you are a parent of a pre school child this leaflet from the DfE, that we have added to our curriculum page is a fantastic read letting you know how you can help prepare your child for school to help them get off to the best possible start when they join us. CLICK HERE.
Admissions to the nursery
Children are able to join our nursery in the September, January or April after their third birthday. All information about out nursery and how to apply for a place can be found on the nursery section of this web site. CLICK HERE. Applications to join the nursery are made to the school and not the Local Authority.
Children are able to attend the nursery for 15 hours a week.
Admissions for Reception in September 2019
Children start primary school in the reception class in the September after their fourth birthday. If your child was born between September 1st 2014 and August 31st 2015 they will be able to start primary school in September 2019 in one of our three reception classes. Applications need to be made to the local authority during the autumn term. Applications open at 9am on Monday 12th November 2018 and close on 15th January 2019.
We invite new families to have a look around our school to help them decide if they want their children to attend. Times and dates for tours for September 2019 starters are below. We welcome up to 7 families on each tour. You are welcome to bring your child with you. To book a place on a tour please ring Mrs. Howis in the school office - 01773 822995.
We will be able to accept 70 children in September 2019. Children are admitted according to the following criteria, in order -
· Children who are in care of, or accommodated by, Derbyshire County Council or another LA.
· Children living in the normal area served by the school, and have siblings at the school at the time of admission. Use this map on the Derbyshire website to help see what school you live in the normal area of. (please read the guide on how to use it first) or type your postcode in here.
· Children living in the normal area served by the school
· Children who do not live in the normal area, but have siblings at the school at the time of admission
· Other children whose parents/carers have requested a place by the published date
· Children whose parent/carers did not express their preference by the published date
Other admissions to any other year group or at any other time of the school year
If you have a child that wants to join our school at any other time other than the start of reception you need to ring us first to see if we have any spaces in the year group you child will attend. Our telephone number is 01773 822995. If we have places we will gladly invite you to come and see our school before you apply. You then need to apply for the place through Derbyshire local authority by ringing 01629 537479, or by going to www.derbyshire.gov.uk/admissions and following the links.