Updated at 9.10pm on Monday 4th January 2021.
Following tonight’s announcement by the Prime Minister, St. John’s will only be open from tomorrow (Tuesday 5th January) for vulnerable children and the children of key workers.
The plans below are subject to change as more information is published by the government, but is intended to guide parents as to what to expect over the next few days at St. John’s.
On Tuesday 5th January
- All vulnerable and key worker children are able to attend school. Children are to arrive and leave using the same staggered start and end times we had today.
- All other children are to remain at home. Teachers will be providing remote learning via the school website and google classrooms. Please be aware that all teachers will be in school on Tuesday working with the children that are at school. Remote learning may not be available at 9am.
- Parents need to complete an online form (details will be published later) by 3pm on Tuesday 5th January and provide detail of their work in key industries.
From Wednesday 6th January until further notice
- All vulnerable children to attend school. Staff at St. John’s will contact families that are considered vulnerable to confirm that their child is able to attend school.
- Children of key workers that have completed the online form are able to attend school, subject to their job being recognised as a key industry. We will contact these parents to confirm that that they are key workers and that their child is able to attend school by 5pm on Tuesday 5th January.
- Remote learning will be provided by teachers for children to complete at home.
Once again as we work together to keep all our community safe I thank you for your patience and understanding as we respond as quickly as possible to tonight’s information. Over the coming days I will continue to share any updated information on our website and by email. The first important update will be the online form that I hope to have available later this evening.