The Derbyshire safeguarding team have asked us to share information with parents about a particularly nasty viral post on Tik Tok.
With this in mind parents may want to
- re-consider what social media they allow their children to access.
- Remind children of what to do if they see nasty content online, see our online help page for information.
- Talk to your children about what they do online in the same way you talk to them about school. For example
- What did you do at school today?
- What did you have for dinner?
- What social media do you use on your phone?
are all perfectly reasonable questions for you to start conversations with.