There are lots of things you can do to support your child
in reading at home.
First and most importantly, read every day with your child.
It doesn't need to be a whole book it could be:
- sharing a story, you reading to your child
- playing snaps or pairs with some simple words (cat, dog, mum, dad, I, no, go, to, the)
- sharing their phonics book, you can read with your child. You could read a word and they repeat it, pointing to the word as you sound it out.
- go on a word hunt around your house or at the supermarket
- read wrappers/ labels/ logos of food wrappers, shop signs and clothing labels